Sunday, August 23, 2009

Great Stuff

It amazes me what constitutes auto repair for some people. I was reminded of how creative people can be when i cut off the quarter panels on my alfa yesterday. Behind the steel i found gobs and gobs of "great stuff". For what purpose? i have no idea...but it sure made a big mess when i scraped it all out of there!

I also got my rear clip on Thursday. Because the rear sheet metal was in such rough shape i had a few options to fix it...all new sheet metal (expensive!), fiberglass (tough to attach), find original sheet metal from a donor car. I went for the last option. I found a rear clip for 50 bucks (+shipping)! What a deal. My biggest problem now is room. what seemed like a voluminous two car garage is now woefully inadequate!

Not sure why the pics are rotated!







few more pics at,

2009 07 Metal work

3 comments:

Jessica said...

didnt you know the great stuff can solve all your car problems!?! since my firewall rusted out and started letting all the rain into the floor of my passenger side compartment and creating a huge lake, i had two options: 1) take out the IP and weld new sheet metal into place, or 2) use the Great Stuff to fill the holes! I of course opted for the much easier option 2! so for about less than $5 i fixed my leaky car problem.......lets just hope that foam doesnt catch on fire!! ;)

Mel Corrigan said...

girls rule!!!! (well, mostly just jess rules, but i'll hop on those coat tails of rulingness :)

Corrigan said...

oh jess..i should've known